AEM, TAIWAN [Job Vacancy Announcement]
National Ilan University Department of Applied Economics and Management, TAIWAN
Job Vacancy Announcement
Position: Full-time Assistant Professor (or higher)
• Ph.D. in Finance or a related field from a domestic or foreign university, with a specialization in Corporate Finance and Quantitative Methods.
• English teaching ability.
• Prior experience in industry-academic collaboration, practical experience, or research projects is preferred.
• Teaching: Instruct courses related to Finance and Quantitative Methods.
• Research and service: Conduct research and provide service to the community.
• New faculty members are expected to teach courses in the department and to participate in talent development activities at the university and college.
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Required application materials:
• Curriculum vitae (including personal resume, list of publications, research interests, list of courses taught, and course syllabi in English and Chinese) .
• Copy of transcripts (international transcripts must be verified.
• Copy of major publications (or copies of published papers in reputable journals with the applicant as the first or corresponding author) .
• Evidence of English teaching ability.
• Two letters of recommendation.
Optional application materials (not required, but may be helpful):
• Copy of teaching certificate.
• Copy of current employment contract.
• Copies of documents related to previous research projects or industry-academia collaboration.
• Other materials that may be relevant to the review process.
Applications must be postmarked by March 1, 2024 and must be sent by express mail to:
Ms. Tseng Chi-Chih School of Applied Economics and Management National Ilan University No. 1, Section 1, Shennong Road, Yilan City, Yilan County 260007, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Contact: The Department Chair, Jui-Min(Raymond) Hsiao
Anticipated start date:
August 1, 2024
• Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be invited to campus for an interview and an English teaching demonstration. Applicants who do not have a teaching certificate will be required to submit their application to an external review panel before being recommended to the university's faculty review committee.
• Applications that are incomplete or do not meet the qualifications will not be considered. Applicants who are selected will be notified by letter.
• New faculty members are eligible to apply for reduced teaching load and research funding support for the first three years of their appointment.